Supermicro Server Manager (SSM)
Supermicro Server Manager (SSM) provides a comprehensive solution to manage and maintain Supermicro servers in an IT datacenter from a single console view.
SSM also provides a CLI interface that allows users to automate server management from their infrastructure software.
SSM is beneficial for IT environments where
- IT Administrators need a centralized console to administer all Supermicro servers in datacenter
- Collect comprehensive information from IPMI and SuperDoctor® 5
- Avoid developing automation framework for server hardware management
Download SMCI™ Software
SSM SCOM Plug-in version 1.1.0
Supermicro CIM Agent version 1.1.0
Supermicro vCenter Plugin Unregistration Tool version 1.1.0
Supermicro Server Manager (SSM) version 2.5.1
Supermicro vCenter Plugin Tool version 1.1.0
- Monitors server hardware and service health.
- Upgrades server BIOS and BMC/IPMI firmware and configurations
- Checks asset information on system components
- Checks system utilization (Need TAS Agent & Only available on X10 and later generation platforms)
- Mounts bootable iso images to for maintenance and image installations
- Monitors and manages power on a node or in a rack with custom policies
- Initiates Remote console to target machines through VNC
- Logs and reports managed nodes availability
- Updates SuperDoctor5(OS agent) on managed nodes remotely
- Alerts through E-mails and SNMP Traps
- Integrates with LDAPv3 and AD Authentications
- Supports Web UI, RESTful APIs and CLIs
- Supports role-based access control
- Supports Mass OS Deployment (Linux and ESX)
- Supports asynchronous web commands
- Supports Plugins and automated Service Tickets (See below)
- Automated ticket generation from Supermicro Global Service Team.
- Two levels of service call notifications
- Monitors pre-defined critical hardware failures
- Customer defined sensor monitoring
- SFT-DCMS-SINGLE and SFT-DCMS-SVC-KEY licenses on each monitored node
- Fully built systems by Supermicro
- Service agreement with Supermicro Global Service Team
Supermicro now offers plug-ins that integrates SSM into a customer’s interface. Take advantage of Supermicro’s OEM features through an UI that you are comfortable with. By using REST APIs, we can check all SSM managed hosts information and manage firmware.
SSM SCOM plug-in allows you to see all Supermicro host systems through a single point of management.
SSM vCenter plug-in is a multi-functional and easy-to-use tool that allows SSM managed hosts and vSphere ESXi hosts at the same time. The plug-in is installed on the vSphere Web Client.